Day trip Overview
|Duration: All day 7.30 AM-7.30PM|
|Pick-Up / Drop Off?: Your hotel|
|Visits included: Two small Champagne growers, Dom Pérignon’s original abbey and a well known Champagne house|
|Operating Days: Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday|
|(details will be provided after booking)|
Your day trip to Champagne
|1.||In one day, you’ll get to discover the essence of Champagne: with it’s beautiful countryside, their great wines and amazing culture.|
|2.||Small group, excellent Champagnes, a visit of Epernay, pick-up and drop-off at the hotel… Memorable, fun AND easy!|
|3.||Cozy van, friendly atmosphere, generous pours and knowledgeable guide… This is THE ultimate experience for any Champagne lover!|
A day trip to Champagne from Paris – the perfect side-trip
The cool thing about Champagne is that it is so close to Paris (120km/75 miles). So let us run you through the plan for the day:
- First, pick-up at your hotel or apartment. In the mini van, along with fellow Champagne-loving travelers will be your guide for the day. Fully bilingual and very friendly!
- After a quick drive, we’ll hit the beautiful vineyards of Champagne to Epernay for the first visit of the day of one of the most famous Champagne house.. You’ll be taken through amazing underground chalk cellars and will learn everything about how Champagne is made, from the grape to your flute… We’ll wrap up the visit with… a glass of Champagne of course!
- Then, its off to the lovely village of Hautvilliers to visit the Abbey where Pierre Perignon (now known as Dom Perignon) created what we know today as Champagne.
- Third stop of the day is at a small boutique winery… one of those “Champagne growers” that produce good tasting and good value Champagne. After visiting with one of the people in charge, we’ll taste several different Champagnes that they make during a traditional French lunch in front of an amazing view on the Marne Valley.
- After lunch, we’re off to the last stop of the day to visit another small boutique winery in the Premier Cru area. Last Champagne tasting of the day..
- Then, well, it’ll be time to hop in the minibus again to head back to Paris. Just sit back and relax- next stop-your hotel! At this point, most clients (for some reason) just fall asleep in the van anyways!!
Please note that once you reserve this tour, we’ll be in touch with you to confirm details.
|INCLUSIONS||THEMES WE’LL GO THROUGH|